Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Wherever You Lead, I’ll Go

   "Take up thy cross and follow Me,"
    I heard my Master say;
    "I gave My life to ransom thee,
    Surrender your all today."

   Wherever He leads I'll go,
   Wherever He leads I'll go; 
   I'll follow my Christ who loves me so,
   Wherever He leads I'll go.

   He drew me closer to His side,
   I sought His will to know,
   And in that will I now abide,
   Wherever He leads I'll go.

   It may be thro' the shadows dim,
   Or o'er the stormy sea,
   I take my cross and follow Him,
   Wherever He leadeth me.

   My heart, my life, my all I bring
   To Christ who loves me so;
   He is my Master, Lord, and King,
   Wherever He leads I'll go.

How appropriate to sing this song Sunday night. In this season of job searching, our family’s heart desire has remained in Youngsville, NC, although we have declared to go if God leads us elsewhere. God’s amazing hand has been evident in our family being here; including a church (body) and neighborhood we ALL love. Our home we moved into one year ago was definitely a gift from God. I love that the couple who lived here had it built and lived in it for twenty years; we moved into it our twentieth year of marriage.  Jobs have not panned out locally, and at the moment Tim has two very good possibilities out of state.

One job brings us to Florida. We will soon be travelling down for a two day, ride around, interview; a sign of serious interest. Another strong possibility moves us to Texas. Tim’s three stages of interviews went well, and he will know within two weeks. Texas, really? We consider pros and cons with both of these, but of course, we know wherever God provides will be good. Our hearts still long for Youngsville, but I hate to admit more and more my heart holds attitudes of comfort and peace in regards to moving. My feelings that God has us here are not as strong. I ponder - is He changing my heart, or am I accepting whatever He provides? I certainly hope the latter proves true.


Settled in my mind that our family would likely be making a move, yesterday (Monday) a local job arises again. Tim will soon be interviewing for a multi-unit position here. Hmmm… Florida, Texas, North Carolina – what if all three made offers? Oh, God! We are praying and waiting for Your provision and the discernment to know which direction. You know our hearts, but ultimately we want what You know is best for us. Wherever You lead, we will joyfully follow! "As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” (Luke 9:57 NIV)

                                                      ~ Jenny ~

No comments: